A downloadable CarPG
Auto Fire is a transformation of the great auto combat games of the 1980’s: Car Wars, Autoduel, and Roadwar 2000. It adds the dynamic world-building, player advancement and careful combat planning of Roguelikes to the rough, outlaw environments of the Mad Max series and classic western films. Build out your car, dispense vehicular justice, haul some cargo, and build a name for yourself in a world where the only way to thrive is to drive.
Welcome to the first public work-in-progress build, v0.5!
Current build is for 64-bit Windows only (for now). Recommend a non-mobile video card for performance.
- Overworld allows player to move between cities and outposts, and between sectors.
- Combat driving in either the outposts or ruined cities.
- Dynamic camera and VFX based on speed.
- The faster you travel, the more turns you get.
- Experiment with grip and skids... Get comfortable with drifting.
- Bring loot back to garages for repairs or equipment installation.
Soon to come:
- Improved progression arc. No real balance as of yet.
- More weapons, equipment and enemies.
- Special maneuvers like bootleggers and charge rams.
- Encounters on the overworld map.
- Boss fights that clear out a hostile area when defeated.
- Citadels as a destination for weapon and vehicle stores, cargo missions, arena duels, and a bar for rumors.
- Fame and skill progression tracking, with media coverage of select combats.
- Target painting, sustained fire, and other ways to increase or decrease the chances of.
For more up-to-date information , follow the Vertigames blog!
Click download now to get access to the following files: